OBN, UK and Eurasanté, France, are delighted to announce the launch of BioSeed®, a joint venture event devised to provide a unique platform for early-stage Life Sciences companies, Technology Transfer Offices (TTO) and Universities throughout Europe seeking equity investment from Angels, High-Net-Worth individuals, specialist Crowd-Funders, and PE / VC funders genuinely interested in Seed and Series ‘A’ funding.
BioSeed® is a one-day event in London on 14 November 2017 and will feature presentations and pitches by early-stage organisations and a series of pre-scheduled one-to-one meetings with potential investors.
BioSeed® is the result of a shared vision between OBN and Eurasanté; with both parties observing a lack of industry events that solely support the interaction of early-stage companies with appropriate investors at a European level.
Who should attend?
Life Sciences Companies
- Biotech or medtech companies seeking Seed or Series ‘A’ funding
- Both incorporated and pre-incorporated entities can apply to attend
- Presentations will be streamed into two funding bands:
- Up to £500k
- Over £500k
- Registration includes the opportunity to pitch to investors and participate in 1-2-1 partnering meetings
TTO’s and Universities
- TTO’s are very welcome if supporting near incorporation or incorporated start-ups from their organisations
- We envisage BioSeed® developing into a major portal through which university spin-outs can gain access to the right people in the investor ecosystem and we see TTO support as a key part of the event
- The delegate rate for TTO’s is the same as for companies however please get in contact if you wish to represent a number of companies
- All active investors interested in Seed or Series ‘A’ investment opportunities are welcome:
- Specialist crowd funders
- HNW individuals
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Big pharma
- Registration are limited to ONE per company in the first instance
Register your interest
More about BioSeed®
OBN and Eurasanté both have extensive experience in creating events aimed at supporting innovation in the Life Sciences sector; OBN are the organisers of BioTrinity®, Europe’s leading Biopartnering and Investment conference, and Eurasanté organise BioFIT, the European business convention for technology transfer, academia-industry collaborations and early-stage innovations in Life Sciences.
Etienne Vervaecke, General Manager of Eurasanté, said: “To succeed, entrepreneurs must broaden their network of early-stage investors in order to see their financing rounds accelerate and increase in size. With BioSeed®, we aim to help and guide Life Sciences start-ups in the access and the research funding process.”
John Harris, CEO of OBN, commented: “Focusing on our strengths and leveraging our networks together with Eurasanté, we intend to make BioSeed® THE European marketplace for early-stage investments in the field of Life Sciences. This joint venture will be key to supporting our members’ efforts to raise awareness of their financing needs to a European investor audience and deepen their understanding of the investment landscape. We are proud to be launching this event with our French partners, and look forward to supporting and enabling positive outcomes, whether that be funding, M&A, partnering or collaborations.”
BioSeed® is an annual event alternating between the UK and France with the second edition due to take place alongside BioFIT in Lille, France in December 2018, before returning to the UK in October 2019.